Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday fun time learning English...

I just came back from my relative's place after a full moon dinner..
I was writing and came across the word 'rhythms'. I wasn't sure of the spelling, so I checked it out and noticed that they have no vowel letters.. So, being free, I try to trigger more words that has no vowel letters in it..

Rhythms, try, why, hymn, myth, shy, cry, my, cysts, lymph, fly.

And did you noticed that all the words above has 'y' in it?

hehe.. now I'm trying hard to get a word -vowel -y
..
..
..
dr. tv. ms. mrs. mr. hmm. grrrrr. still can't think of any.
..
..
..

So, I seeked refuge from the Internet.. and it's getting more fun learning that 'y' is a vowel when it sounds like a long 'i'. People are debating on whether the letter 'y' is a vowel or a consonant. Some says 'y' is only used as a vowel when no main vowel exists in the word.

So, all the words I've mentioned above are thus, consider as words with vowels?!?

You have any idea? Are there any real English words that has no vowels?
..
..
..
CRYPT .. dang.

No comments: