Sunday, December 14, 2008

Early Sunday morning

Today, I woke up thinking that it was a working day, and just about to check out the time, I realize that it's a Sunday.. The feeling is heaven... hehe

So, I snuggled in bed, I know it's been raining outside last night.. it feels so good..

I slept.. till 8am.. still very early for a Sunday, but I want to get the most out of it, so I woke..
Planning to watch a movie given by Wernn.. Pick list for today: "What Happens in Vegas"

But.. the main topic today is actually about sneezing.. hehe.
I just sneezed.. I sneeze a number of times almost each morning after waking up.. I was wondering why did I sneeze once I woke, and not while I'm asleep? Or did I, but I didn't realize it? Out of curiosity, I googled for it..

Why don't you sneeze while sleeping?
[WikiAnswers says] : The irritation that initially triggers activity at nerve endings in the upper respiratory tract will wake you up before you actually sneeze.
[Meglittlemeg says]: Ah... Now, come to think of it, it did happens once before. I woke up right before I'm about to sneeze.

Reading further, it's interesting to know that the nerve that causes sneezing, will also cause our eyes to be closed. The urban legend that says your eyes will pop out if you force it open while sneezing, is a myth. Though I won't try it.. I just know for myself, when I sneeze, my facial expressions seems all jumbled up. It's so funny.

Anyway, happy Sunday to everyone!

6 comments:

Meg said...

last time my friend sneeze during driving, he accidentally bump into the car in front ler :P what a danger. About the eyes that will pop up, i have heard of it too.. Don't try, i don't want to see your eyes pop up.

meglittlemeg said...

wow.. sneezing can be dangerous also ho... hmm, must be the sneeze is very geng.. wow..

yea, I don't want to try too.. nanti eyes tercabut

KY said...

While driving, I always try to sneeze with my eyes open wor. Luckily didn't pop out also. You were happily sleeping while I was walking like hell!!

meglittlemeg said...

hahahahaha, hehe, don like that la.. u walk an amazing walk! Don't think I can do that!!

Salute~~

oh, so, you tried it and still can see us.. got. Mythbuster that myth!

Malau said...

they say sneezing is when someone miss u worr..now u know why u always sneeze la..fyi i woke up around that time also..hehehe

meglittlemeg said...

hehehe, malau siao already... hee.