Sunday, May 04, 2008

Baking at Jacq's place..

It was a fine Sunday and I went over to Jacq's place for a lepak-ing session. Started off with buying lunch for two. Bought it at Hoong Kee Seafood Noodle House, Taman Maluri. For RM4, I get a tasty bowl of seafood noodle soup. Next, grab a tub of Kings Macadamia, Raspberry and Chips ice cream.

While on the way, I had my experience with 'the spider' in my car. I don't know where it came from, but I noticed it on my dashboard at the traffic light. 'The spider' jump onto my 'dino-toy'. I grab the nearest paper to 'shoo-ed' it away, and it jump back to the dashboard.

The light turns green and the timing was just too right that 'the spider' jump from the dashboard all the way to 'I don't know where', but it has to be between the driver's and passenger seat. My GOD. I can see the long thread/web starting from the dashboard. I used the paper to break it, but no, it doesn't work that way. All this happens while I'm making a turn and driving. Dangerous! But there's no emergency lane to stop. My body is now getting too close to my door and I just kept mumbling in 18SX languages. Argh, it's no where to be seen.
The short 5 mins drive is enough to keep me insance but tough! (Yes 18SX languages made me tough..) Forget 'the spider'. I don't know where it went!

I reached Jacq's place. I asked Jacq to check my hair, my back for any signs of 'the spider'. No, luckily. Then, I emptied my bag. No also. I gladly concluded that 'the spider' is still in my car. (And it will be gone when I go home later).


Lunch from Hoong Kee, it's delicious, yummy. Soup is nice.

After lunch, we watch some TV, surf for some beginners butter cake recipe, Fagor oven user's manual and get things started with this.

Mixture of butter and sugar..

The flour sifter and 3 eggs...

Didn't manage to capture any more pictures beyond this, as we are busy with the 'real work' and messing up the kitchen.

Already inside the oven, bubbling.. like Earth's surface.

Our butter cake with Cadbury chocolate toppings.

It tastes better than my last cake, as far as I can remember.... We had some Chikadees, popiah floss rolls, and our cake while watching the movie 'The Messenger'.

Our girlie Sunday turns out fun and relaxing (except the horror part in the movie).. Hope we can spend more quality time together ya.


2 comments:

cewee said...

How can u two so that to me (especially when i'm not in town)!!!

I dun care ...u guys must bake another one when i'm back in june!

Sharon

meglittlemeg said...

yeayea, don't worry ar.. sure got chance..
we bake another cake in June. We can create havoc at Jacq's place again..