Saturday, April 04, 2009

Earth Hour

Haven't blog about this yet.. Hmm, time seems to passed by so fast and it's been since a week. I'm thinking if I should practice switching off the lights at 8.30pm every Saturday.. Hmm...

Back to 7 days before, we were excited to go for the Walk of Hope. Tickets? Checked. Off we go, and it was drizzling, we reached around 5.30pm to join in the event, very excited.. But heck, we were told that the T-shirts are finished, the recycle bags are finished. Really dampens the mood. Excitement totally drops 90%, left 10% of mood. But well, what can we do, the T-shirts and bags are given out for early birds and are sponsored items. But then again, how come they know how to print so many tickets, and yet, they never thought that the sponsored items are not enough for everyone? Or, they may have thought of it, but thinks it's alright? It's not that I can't live without a T-shirt, but professional organizers would have done something on this. So, to heal our broken heart, we were asked to write our correspondence for "See what we can do for you", and we were given a wristband and a CD (only can get it after justifying that I do have a valid ticket)


Ah, if that's not sad enough, the Walk never got started until 7.30pm. That's 1.5 hours difference from what we were told, which is 6pm. Malaysian time, I guess I'll have to accept that. It's been a while since I join events..

Luckily this is for a good cause, my mood shot up to 70% when we start the Walk.. There's a lot of people and I hope that everyone feels the same, that we actually understood the cause of the walk, that we actively supports the motive, that we should do all we could to save our ailing Earth.

Ops, it's 8.30pm, I'm gonna switch off my lights now.. See u guys!

P/S: Oh and, no one get back to us yet on "See what we can do for you" ;)

4 comments:

Ah Hong said...

Haha...switch off at 8.30pm ah sure boh...

Come la...we build one own NGO...just to tell people to save energy. Sounds cool not :P

meglittlemeg said...

hehe, sure la... i switch off at 8.30pm till 9.30pm, so I stayed in living room.. hehee

cool r! sure I angkat kaki agree! own NGO!

KY said...

Yalor, kinda dissapointed on the T-shirt thingy. Nobody call me also wo till now

meglittlemeg said...

aiks, I think we can forget about it lor..