Saturday, April 11, 2009

The story of a Chicken Maryland...

We stumbled upon IRC one of the days. It was coincidently their first day of business, thus the place was packed with many people. The decoration looks much like a kopitiam, and so we vowed to come and try the food on other times..

Time has come and we had our dinner at IRC, the Island Red Cafe (not Internet Relay Chat/the mIRC we used to hook on during UNI time). They have nice looking tables and chairs, PCs access with Internet connection, free WIFI and their menu does looks good!


So, since I've always been a fan of Chicken Maryland, I ordered one while Wernn ordered the Hot & Spicy Chicken complete with fresh fruit juices. Their menu even shows a whole baked tomato which is perfect in a Chicken Maryland meal. There's not much place which serves it this way.. Boy, am I excited.. Chicken Maryland always has a part in my heart, same goes for Assam Laksa. If they have either one on the menu, most probably that's what I'll order. So, I'm really looking forward to this meal until it finally came.

My Chicken Maryland came without any ompphh! I thought the waitress must have make a mistake.. Darn~ I can't believe what I see.


Chicken Maryland = Small slice of breaded chicken meat - baked tomatoes + a thin slice of tomato - banana fritters - hotdog + pathetic looking salad filled mayonnaise (to emphasize that salad was the dressing instead) + two thin slice of cucumber + french fries = Unbelievable that they called it as a Chicken Maryland meal. No way-lah

Nevertheless, I chomped down the food, because that's my choice and for the sake that, the meal is still called (by them) as Chicken Maryland.
Taste = OK-lah.
Try again = No, thanks.

Wernn's Hot & Spicy Chicken wasn't any better or I should say, they are quick on par. The fried chicken was thin and it tasted normal. We would be more satisfying eating at KFC's. I've lost count how many number of times I'd said "Pathetic".


To me, maybe they aren't the food experts, but their drinks was good (hard to get it wrong?).
I know there's so much more food varieties I've yet to try, but it doesn't appease me anymore.

Anyway, they do provide PCs for free surfing and free WIFI available. The connection was at a very good speed. Thumbs-up to them..

I think the shortname IRC indeed suits the cafe if interpreted my way of IRC chatting, go for the Internet, not for the food.

No comments: