Sunday, April 12, 2009

Seven Pounds, Shinjuku Incident, Fast & Furious 4

Hmm, have been catching these 3 movies the last few weeks.. I'd went for Seven Pounds after my colleague told me that it was a good movie.. Good as it is, but I think it could have been better. The story line is indeed touching, but it was just a waste on how the movie was brought out to the audience. I have to say I slept in the early part, so were the few people sitting around me. It was moving at a slow pace, and had everyone guessing in the darkness of boredom. I'm pretty sure this was the director's intention, but I'm such a lousy audience, I should have waited till HBO/Starmovies air this movie.
Memorable part of the movie: Will Smith humming the song "Loving You"..

The next 2 movies I'd watch, was totally different from Seven Pounds. Fast paced, action packed, 18PL movie.. Shinjuku Incident to me was interesting, for there are many elements in it. Love story, brotherhood, gangsterhood and there's a moral of the story, that we reap what we sow. Memorable part of the movie: The scene where Daniel Wu was given a chestnut cart as a present, I saw the happiness on everyone's face...Only if the money was coming from a clean source...
Fast & Furious 4, was fine too, thanks to the cars, very CGI-packed actions, the cool Vin Diesel, the pretty sister and Braga's girl. It got me thinking, are the bad guys always bad? Or are they turning bad because they have no choice? Or when we have a situation, should we settle it quick rather than sit on it?
Memorable part of the movie: How they survive the racing in the tunnel ordeal.

So, for me, movie is meant to be entertaining and for us to learning something out of it, for us to see how impressive CGI has become and how filming can be so imaginative..
What about you? Had any good movies recently? I hope you had spend some quality time on it.. :)
Cheers..

2 comments:

KY said...

Aiks...movie also never ask me along ger. I wanna be bulb wo

meglittlemeg said...

hehehe.. ok ok la.. next time call u, then can be my teddy bear.. hehee